Terms & Conditions
Transcat is 100% NZ owned.
The name that will appear on your statement will be Transcat. The payment/prices are in NZD.
All emails, questions & queries will be answered on normal business days Monday – Friday, 9am – 4pm. We try and respond to emails as soon as possible however due to the huge volume of emails our reply may take up to 3 working days. We endeavour to reply to all emails but in the event that you have not received a response within 3 working days please check your junk box, spam & pop-up filters./p>
The Transcat electronic unit is the only product that has a specific warranty, because of the complexity of the product. All other Transcat products are adequately covered by consumer legislation that requires any product to be fit for purpose. Breakages can occur at any time just with any products. Transcat takes responsibility for any fault in Transcat products but not from breakages that are outside of the control of Transcat.
The Transcat Electronic Unit provides a guarantee the purchaser against any direct defect due to faulty materials or manufacture for a period of two years from the date of purchase. This guarantee excludes any damage sustained by misuse or normal wear & tear. This guarantee is in addition to any guarantees which consumers may have under the Consumer Guarantees Act in New Zealand or similar legislation in other parts of the World.
- The Buyer must check the item(s) on delivery and report any transit damage or faults by email within 24hrs of receiving the item. Transcat reserves the right to refuse courier claims that are made after this time frame. Please inspect the goods prior to signing for them as if goods are signed for ‘in good order’ we are not able to make a claim with the courier.
- Contact must be made directly with Transcat for notification of goods being returned prior to returning goods under warranty. Invoices will be required as proof of purchase. Photos or other forms of evidence may also be requested from the Buyer.
- Transcat will repair or replace where possible and refunds will only be offered where a replacement is not available. Original courier charges are non-refundable. Refunds will not be considered after the item has been used, if the buyer simply changes their mind or if the item is not “what you expected.''
- Products must be returned with all accessories including their original packing materials, cartons and boxes.
- The Buyer has the responsibility and expense of sending back any faulty product to Transcat. Transcat is liable for sending the repaired item or replacement back to the Buyer, except in the case that the returned item is tested and found not faulty or not in the same condition that the buyer reported. In which case, the item will be sent back at the buyer's expense.
YOUR RIGHTS WHEN YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND
We do not have to give you a refund if:
- You decide you don’t want the goods
- You find the same thing cheaper elsewhere
- You bought something for someone else that they don’t like or already have
- You bought something that doesn’t match what you already have.
If you are unsure about a product then please email us about a right to exchange. Once agreed by us then please remember all goods returned to us must be in original packaging with all accessories and in a re-saleable condition. If you do not meet those requirements we will not refund or exchange your product and we will send your purchase back to you at your expense.
Note to our prospective customers
The receiving of orders from customers and the despatch of those orders can be quite complex and there are particular requirements that we are obliged to adhere to. Relevant information is provided to ensure that the customers are properly informed. Please understand that it is necessary that we ask for this information even though it will not always apply to every customer.
All orders placed through Transcat are for delivery only. Transcat doesn't operate a physical retail store so your order can not be picked up.
Orders are delivered by courier and require a signature upon delivery. Please make sure the delivery address is where someone can sign for the delivery.
- Delivery 3-10 business days after dispatch from our fulfilment centre (unless otherwise stated)
- Rural deliveries will take longer in some areas
- Transit times do not include Public Holidays or weekends.
- Deliveries are only made on business days, not weekends.
All orders are delivered using courier and require a signature upon delivery so they can be tracked. We only deliver to residential or business addresses - PO Boxes are not accepted for security reasons. Please ensure you have your order delivered to an address where someone is available to sign for it. If you were unavailable to sign for an item when our courier called, the Courier Driver will leave a Card to Call at the delivery address. This card details when the delivery was attempted, the item number and what you need to do to have the items re-delivered.
At the current time we are unable to ship to Australia.
- Transcat does not sell nor rent your personal information to third parties.
- We send our customers emails throughout the purchasing process and other Newsletter emails you elect to receive.
- Our site's registration form asks you to provide us contact information and your contact information may be used to contact you when necessary.
- Transcat provides you with ways in which you can alter your personal data, including changing your email address, password, phone number, etc.
You are responsible for all actions taken with your user name, email address and password.
Credit Card Security
Your credit card details do not get processed or transmitted through or via our Transcat website. All transactions are processed through a secure payment service provider. Transcat uses Direct Payment Solutions (DPS) to provide this service. DPS hosts and manages the payment page. All transaction sessions are stored and processed in encrypted strings.